Applications for the KQ Labs accelerator programme are now closed.
Applications will reopen in autumn 2019.
The Francis Crick Institute has launched KQ Labs, an intensive accelerator programme offered to high growth potential startup teams in the area of data-driven biomedical science.
Startups with the potential to make an impact on global health outcomes will have access to unrivalled support and resources. Successful applicants will be provided with a £40k award to get their startup to the next stage.
The 16-week programme will be delivered by the Crick and a number of world-leading partners with Innovate UK funding. The programme will help founders to validate their ideas and put their startups on a path to receive further investment from Government grants, venture capital and other sources. The course includes pre-accelerator, accelerator and post-accelerator activities designed to take founder teams from idea to Series A and beyond commercial launch.
All selected startup teams will have access to the KQ Academy, a network of global experts in all aspects of entrepreneurship, health sector knowledge, data science and investment strategies. This network will provide workshops and mentoring to support the cohort helping them to maximise opportunities and address challenges.
Applications are currently closed.
The selection process will be open to startup teams meeting the following criteria:
- Two or more founders/team members
- Working on biomedical-related issues that can be solved using the innovative application of data-driven techniques
- With a Minimum Viable Product, Prototype or proof of concept
- Based in the UK or prepared to relocate for the period of the programme
Applicants should send a startup deck of maximum 12 slides covering the following topics;
- The problem that you are aiming to solve
- Your solution
- Technology (including IP)
- Market opportunity
- Competitors, including other approaches to solving this problem
- Business model (how will you make money?) and route to commercialisation
- Traction (what evidence do you have so far for interest in, or potential uptake of, your product?)
- Your team
- Financials (what will you do with the grant funding of £40k? How much money will you need to achieve your key milestones?)
- Roadmap (including your key milestones)
- Exit for investors
For further information please visit the Crick's KQ Labs webpages.