Applications for the Networking Fund open on a rolling basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine whether applications are being accepted.
Staff and students from the Crick and partner universities (Imperial, King's and UCL) can now apply for financial support to facilitate networking with up to £3,000 available per project via the Partnership Networking Fund.
The aims of this fund is to establish and develop connections across disciplinary boundaries to lead to fruitful research collaborations and advance the mission of Discovery without Boundaries.
Purpose of the Networking Fund
- Create and promote a range of new networking events for the Crick and HEI researchers to build professional networks within the Partnership and beyond.
- Support interdisciplinary researchers to make connections, share and develop ideas that could be potentially included in joint research funding applications.
- Encourage applications that cross disciplinary boundaries, particularly at the Clinical and Physical Sciences interfaces.
- Foster the use and building of skills for those directly involved in these funded initiatives (e.g. communication and organisational skills, leadership, etc.).
These projects should primarily benefit the Crick and partner university staff and students, but networking events could include external contacts from other universities, industry, policy or other organisations where appropriate.
Desired Networking Fund proposal outcomes
Applicants are asked to demonstrate how the funding will be used to promote networking through events that adhere to the principles set out above. Supported events may include, but are not limited to:
- Networking events such as workshops, seminars and small-scale symposia;
- The establishment of new networks to promote the exchange of ideas, best practice, and other research goals;
- The development of communication activities e.g. development of webpages, news forums and case studies, for interest groups which may be time-restricted (i.e. clinical staff);
- Public engagement activities and events.
Projects are expected to build links between the Crick and its partner Universities. More information on eligibility and selection criteria can be found in the application guidelines.
More information on this opportunity can be found on the 'Partnership Networking Fund' page of the Crick website.
Any queries can be directed to the Imperial Crick team.