How to Apply
The call for applications to the Networking Fund is open until Monday 26 April 2021. The call opens on a rolling basis, approximatey four times a year.
More information? Visit 'Partnership Networking Fund' on the Crick website.
Queries? Email the Imperial Crick team.
Applications for the Networking Fund open on a rolling basis. The current call is open until Monday 26 April 2021.
Looking for new collaborators for your research? You may be interested in applying for the Crick-HEI Networking Fund. The fund will support the development of connections between Imperial, King's and UCL, with up to £3,000 available per project.
The Crick and its university partners (Imperial College, King's and UCL) operate a Networking Fund. This activity was established in the spring of 2018, with the intention of supporting staff and students across the four institutes to develop connections across disciplinary boundaries, in the hope that this may lead to fruitful research collaborations and advance the mission of Discovery without Boundaries.
Purpose of the Networking Fund
- Create and promote a range of new networking events for the Crick and HEI researchers to build professional networks within the Partnership and beyond.
- Support interdisciplinary researchers to make connections, share and develop ideas that could be potentially included in joint research funding applications.
- Encourage applications that cross disciplinary boundaries, particularly at the Clinical and Physical Sciences interfaces.
- Foster the use and building of skills for those directly involved in these funded initiatives (e.g. communication and organisational skills, leadership, etc.).
These projects should primarily benefit the Crick and partner university staff and students, but networking events could include external contacts from other universities, industry, policy or other organisations where appropriate.
Given the challenges associated with holding in-person networking events due to the Covid-19 pandemic, in the short-medium term, most events will need to be held online. While not ideal, there are some advantages and tools that can be used to enhance online meetings:
- Hosting international speakers with no travel costs
- Showcasing research using online poster sessions
- Offering opportunities to network through a dedicated virtual networking platform or breakout rooms
- Attracting more attendees from the partnership and beyond
Please note that due to the current situation, the duration for which the award can be used to support events has been extended to 18 months.
Desired Networking Fund Proposal Outcomes
Applicants are asked to demonstrate how the funding will be used to promote networking through events that adhere to the principles set out above. Supported events may include, but are not limited to:
- Networking events such as workshops, seminars and symposia;
- The establishment of new networks to promote the exchange of ideas, best practice, and other research goals;
- The development of communication activities e.g. development of webpages, news forums and case studies, for interest groups which may be time restricted (i.e. clinical staff);
- Public engagement activities and events
Projects are expected to build links between the Crick and its partner Universities. More information on eligibility and selection criteria can be found in the application guidelines.
How to Apply
Please read the 2021 Networking Fund Guidance Notes before completing the 2021 Networking Fund Application Form . Any queries can be directed to the Imperial Crick team. Further information on this opportunity can be found on the 'Partnership Networking Fund' page of the Crick website.
Applications will be reviewed by the Crick-HEI Networking Fund Committee. This committee is attended by two representatives from the Crick and each of its university partners.
The deadline for submission of applications is Monday 26 April 2021.