Staff guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19)
We understand this is a challenging time for our staff community and we want to make sure you have access to the support and guidance you need. We will keep you informed of the latest information by email - in the COVID-19 updates and messages from the President and Provost - as well as via the website. You can see the archive of messages to staff, students and alumni.
This page includes information on HR guidance, returning to campus, working remotely, safety, wellbeing, research, and other guidance including on travel.
- Visit the HR webpage for information on new and amended HR policies relating to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- View specific hybrid working and work location guidance for managers and staff. (Log in required).
- View guidance on leadership and managing during COVID-19, including on how best to engage with staff and teams.
Rethinking the workplace – returning to campus
This page includes findings and recommendations from the Return to Campus working group, and how you can have your say on the future of how we work at Imperial.
You should only be undertaking business travel if it is essential and approved by your department or division. View FAQs on business travel during COVID-19.
If you are considering travelling overseas for personal reasons, you should make sure that if you need to self-isolate when you return, this does not affect your work duties. Please speak to your line manager if you are unsure.
Overseas travel - winter 2021
Staff travelling outside the UK for the festive season 2021 should be mindful of travel guidance and of requirements from the destination country and the UK Government. Staff should ensure that they are back in the UK to start work following the College Closure. Remote working should take place in the UK unless specific agreements are in place.
Limited work activities (such as checking of emails) whilst away on leave are acceptable but teaching related activity must not take place outside the UK without prior agreement. Find out more on the Overseas working guidance pages.
- View our COVID-19 safety homepage or jump to safety policies and checklists for staff.
- Find out about the testing Imperial offers, including how to book a PCR test and how to report a LFD test.
- Find out about the COVID-19 Contact Tracing Hub and what to do if you have symptoms or a positive test result.
- Guidance on wellbeing when remote working
- Free and confidential help from Confidential Care, our Employee Assistance Provider
- Support from the Chaplaincy Multi-Faith Centre, including meditation sessions and bereavement
- Mental Health First Aiders are trained to listen, and to signpost to other sources of help
- Move Imperial are running their Move From Home campaign
- Research: Visit the Research Office webpages for guidance on research applications and awards and links to funder guidance on the impact of COVID-19 on research funding.
- Recruitment (Guidance in place until 4th January 2022): Interviews and Assessments should take place remotely where possible. Where this is not possible the reasons should be agreed with the Head of Department and provided to the HR Recruitment Hub. A risk assessment should be completed, and candidates must be informed of safety procedures in advance of attending interviews.