Imperial is a European university with global reach. Collaborating across borders with people from different backgrounds, cultures and nationalities is what drives the world’s best universities.
On the morning of the 2016 Brexit referendum result, Imperial’s President Alice Gast made it clear that “Imperial is, and will remain, a European university.”
Imperial is providing staff and students with support and information, growing its European collaborations and working to influence decision-makers in the UK and Europe.
- We are making the case for continued access to EU programmes and networks supporting excellent research.
- As the UK reviews its immigration system we are working to secure guarantees on the rights of EU citizens and making the case for continued access for international students and staff.
If you would like to receive regular updates on Brexit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Imperial will pay the application fee for all EU staff who wish to apply for settled status in the UK. Government has confirmed that EU citizens who have arrived in the UK before Brexit will be able to stay and apply for settled status in the case of a no deal-Brexit.
- EU leaders have approved the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration on the future relationship. The Prime Minister has said that a vote will take place in the House of Commons before 21 January 2019.
- The UK Government will underwrite Horizon 2020 funding beyond Brexit and in the case of a no-deal Brexit. For more information see our FAQs on EU research funding.
Information for staff
Imperial is providing information and support to staff as the UK leaves the EU. Find out about the latest information from the UK government, answers to frequently asked questions and contact points for further support.
Information for students
Imperial is working to provide current and future students from the EU/EEA with the latest information on fees, funding and immigration requirements.