If you have questions about the impact of the referendum outcome on your work or studies at Imperial, please consult the FAQs below. If you have further questions, the contact points are as follows:

Frequently Asked Questions

Will EU student fees remain the same as Home fees?

The UK government has confirmed that EU students starting or continuing their studies in the 2017–18 academic year will continue to pay the Home rate of tuition fees for the duration of their course. 

The College will charge EU Master’s students starting courses this Autumn at the Home Fees rate, as previously advertised.  

Will EU students still be able to access Student Loans Company loans?

The Student Loans Company (SLC) has guaranteed that current EU students and those beginning their studies this Autumn, who are assessed as eligible for loans and/or grants, will continue to receive this support for the duration of their courses.

The Government has confirmed that the SLC Master’s Loans are available to eligible EU students starting courses this Autumn.

The Government has confirmed that European Union students applying for university places in the 2017 to 2018 academic year will still have access to student funding support for the duration of their course - even if the UK exits the European Union during that period. 

Can I still apply for the Erasmus+ scheme?

Yes. There will be no immediate changes to the Erasmus+ scheme. 

Can EU graduates from Imperial still take up job offers this Autumn?

Yes. There will be no immediate change to the UK’s visa policies, including for EU citizens already living in the UK and for those who wish to come here. 

How will the immigration status of EU staff be affected when Britain leaves the EU?

We are working hard to support those concerned about potential changes.

Imperial’s community includes over 2,000 staff from non-UK countries in the European Union and our staff are welcomed and valued no matter where they are from. 

There will be no immediate change to the UK’s visa policies, including for EU citizens already living in the UK and for those who wish to come here. The rights of employees from the EU remain as at present.

What support is Imperial offering to its European staff?

Eligible EU employees who would like to apply for Permanent Residency or a Registration Certificate for themselves and their families are able to seek expert advice from an immigration specialist funded by the College. Find out more

What will be the impact of Brexit on Imperial’s finances?

The College is financially stable and resilient. We are confident that we will continue to invest in world class education, research and innovation. 

Will my Horizon 2020 grant be affected? Is it worth applying for new Horizon 2020 grants?

The Treasury has confirmed that the UK Government will underwrite EU research funding like Horizon 2020, even when specific projects continue beyond the UK’s departure from the EU. Read the full statement

Researchers will continue to receive important support from existing Horizon 2020 grants. Imperial researchers are applying for new Horizon 2020 grants now and we will support them as they do so. UK researchers are entitled to apply for new Horizon 2020 grants and to be treated equally by Horizon 2020 panels.