Exploring Public Engagement
Key Information and Booking
Trainer: Societal engagement team
Cost: Internal - no charge; External - not available
This course is available to Imperial staff only.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Dates and venue information:
- 7 March 2018, 10.00am in RSM G39.
- 10 May 2018, 10.00am in SALC 10.
If you have any questions, please contact the Societal Engagement team
This interactive session will explore the features of good quality public engagement, highlight the reasons why our major funders think it’s important, and help you to build on your own public engagement goals.
Key areas covered
- An opportunity to reflect on your own public engagement experiences
- Find out why our major funders think public engagement is so important
- Explore the approaches that lead to good quality public engagement
- Discover new public engagement opportunities at Imperial and beyond
Who is it for?
This is aimed at any Imperial staff member keen to:
- Explore the potential of public engagement to enhance research impact
- Understand the wider agenda around public engagement in universities
- Broaden their skills in public engagement
This course is not aimed at experienced engagement practitioners.
*Please note that engagement activities that may support teaching and learning practice can be used to support an application for HEA fellowship via Imperial’s STAR framework.
Dates and times:
- Wednesday 7 March 2018, 10.00am. Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes. Venue: RSM G39
- Thursday 10 May, 10.00am. Duration: 1 hour 45 minues. Venue: SALC 10
How to book your place:
Booking is now open for our Exploring Public Engagement masterclass in March 2018.
Book a place on our masterclass in May 2018.
This course is free, but please see the terms and conditions of booking. It will be booked on a first come first served basis with a waiting list, and further similar courses will run throughout the year.
Any queries? Please email email@example.com.