“It is hugely valuable to have dedicated time set aside to prepare the ground for the implementation of a new system." Elizabeth Killeen, Faculty Support Team
This project aimed to prepare for a smooth transition from managing reading lists using an in-house Access database, to using a cloud based reading list tool. The aim was to streamline workflows before the implementation of the new system, in order to create a consistent experience around reading list access and data input. Focusing on user communications and support was also a key element,along with minimising tasks that do not add value for the student, academic or Library.
- Simplify library contact points and roles
- Work with Registry to acquire consistent module data
- Streamline the current copyright request process
- Feed into the design of the new reading list tool
- Improve scanning services provided by Library Services
The new reading list tool will be rolled out to College throughout 2016, further information is available at Reading lists.
Contact: Stuart Dempster