How to apply
Application process, fees and accommodation
Applications for all 2018 Pre-sessional courses at Imperial College London will open Thursday 1 March 2018.
We urge you to complete this process as quickly as possible – if you leave any parts of the process too late, you could lose your place on the course.
1. Check which course you should apply for: course entry requirements .
2. Complete the online application form. We will process your application as quickly as possible but please allow 10 working days for a decision as your application will be reviewed by both the College Admissions team and the Centre for Academic English.
*We are currently experiencing a slight delay in reviewing applications and it may take up to 15 working days for you to receive a decision.*
3. When you receive an offer, accept it using the Student e-Service in order to secure your place on the programme.
4. Within 10 working days of accepting your offer, you will receive an invoice for the course fees by email from the Tuition Fees team. In order to secure your place on the course, you must then pay the Pre-sessional fees in full within 14 days of the invoice date.
N.B. If you are a sponsored student, the invoice for your fees will be sent directly to your sponsor.
5. When you have paid the fees in full, you will receive confirmation of your place on the programme by email.
Students requiring a Tier 4 visa only
6. Once your place is confirmed on the course, upload a copy of your passport to the Passport/Visa page of your e-Service account.
7. You will be issued a CAS number normally by Registry. Your CAS number will appear on the Passport/Visa page of your e-Service account. For further information, please visit this webpage with guidance on getting your CAS number.
*Please only contact us if it has been more than a month since your paid your tuition fees and uploaded your passport.*
8. Now refer to the student visas page to find out more about applying for your visa.
Applications for the Imperial College London 2018 Pre-sessional English courses will open on Thursday 1 March.
12-week course closing date: Friday 25 May 2018
6-week course closing date: Friday 6 July 2018
3-week course closing date: Friday 3 August 2018
Please note that applications for the 12- and 6-week courses submitted after the deadline for applications will only be considered where the applicant does not require a Tier-4 visa.
2018 course dates
12-week course: Monday 2 July - Friday 21 September 2018
6-week course: Monday 13 August - Friday 21 September 2018
3-week course: Monday 3 September - Friday 21 September 2018
12-week course: £5320
6-week course: £2900
3-week course: £1450
You should also make arrangements for your pre-sessional course accommodation as soon as possible. You will receive details of the accommodation available by email once you have been offered a place on the course.
Tel: +44 20 7594 8748