How to apply
Application process, fees and accommodation
Applications for all 2017 Pre-sessional courses at Imperial College London have now closed.
We urge you to complete this process as quickly as possible – if you leave any parts of the process too late, you could lose your place on the course.
1. Check which course you should apply for: course entry requirements .
2. Complete the online application form. We will process your application as quickly as possible but please allow 10 working days for a decision as your application will be reviewed by both the College Admissions team and the Centre for Academic English.
3. When you receive an offer, accept it using the Student e-Service in order to secure your place on the programme.
4. Within 10 working days of accepting your offer, you will receive an invoice for the course fees by email from the Tuition Fees team. In order to secure your place on the course, you must then pay the Pre-sessional fees in full within 14 days of the invoice date.
N.B. If you are a sponsored student, the invoice for your fees will be sent directly to your sponsor.
5. When you have paid the fees in full, you will receive confirmation of your place on the programme by email.
Students requiring a Tier 4 visa only
6. Once your place is confirmed on the course, upload a copy of your passport to the Passport/Visa page of your e-Service account.
7. You will be issued a CAS number normally within 7 days of paying your fees and uploading your passport. Your CAS number will appear on the Passport/Visa page of your e-Service account. For further information, please visit this webpage with guidance on getting your CAS number.
8. Now refer to the student visas page to find out more about applying for your visa.
Applications for the Imperial College London 2017 Pre-sessional English courses are now closed.
12-week course closing date: Friday 19 May 2017
6-week course closing date: Friday 7 July 2017 (for Non-EEA nationals)
3-week course closing date: Friday 11 August 2017
Please note that spaces for the 6-week and 12-week courses will be available until the closing date for applications.
2017 course dates
12-week course: Monday 3 July - Friday 22 September 2017
6-week course: Monday 14 August - Friday 22 September 2017
3-week course: Monday 4 September - Friday 22 September 2017
12 week course: £5220
6-week course: £2850
3-week course: £1425
You should also make arrangements for your pre-sessional course accommodation as soon as possible. You will receive details of the accommodation available by email once you have been offered a place on the course.
Tel: +44 20 7594 8748