How to apply: fees and application process
2021 fees and application deadlines
6-week course (online): £3,320
3-week course (online): £1,655
We are now CLOSED to applications for Summer 2021 courses
1. Check which course you should apply for: course entry requirements.
2. When you have the relevant documentation and know which course meets your needs, complete the online application form. Please note:
- You should use the account details that you set up for your main programme application.
- You will be applying for a 2020-21 course as the Pre-sessional courses take place at the end of our academic year.
- You should answer No to the question 'Do you need a visa to study in the UK?' for your Pre-sessional application as the courses are online.
- If you are applying with a Duolingo or Pearson PTE English test result, you need to share your result with us through your test account by clicking on the Share Results button and selecting Imperial College London from the list of available institutions.
3. We will process your application as quickly as possible but please allow 10 working days for a decision as your application is reviewed.
4. When you receive an offer, accept it using the online application system in order to secure your place on the programme. You need to accept within 28 days.
5. Within 10 working days of accepting your offer, you will receive an invoice for the course fees by email from the Tuition Fees team. In order to secure your place on the course, you must then pay the Pre-sessional fees in full within 14 days of the invoice date.
N.B. If you are a sponsored student, the invoice for your fees will be sent directly to your sponsor. As soon as you have accepted your offer in the online application system, you should send a copy of your Financial Guarantee Letter to email@example.com. Full information on what the letter needs to cover is found on the Information for postgraduate students page on tuition fees.
6. Please note: You must have fulfilled the conditions of your offer for the Pre-sessional course and have the application status of ‘Unconditional Firm’ by the start of the course in order to take up your place, notwithstanding the normal timeframes for accepting an offer and paying the tuition fees.
7. When you have paid the fees in full and met any other conditions, you will receive confirmation of your place on the programme by email.