Access ICIS remotely
- Windows: Use any of the following 4 browsers: Firefox ESR, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or MS Edge
- Mac OS: Use Firefox ESR, not Google Chrome or Safari
All: self-service functions should work on most browsers
To access the Imperial College Information Systems (ICIS) remotely, follow these steps
(Please note that if you are a Mac user you will need to take additional steps to login, these will be detailed on the login screen when you click the link below):
- Go to https://secureaccess.imperial.ac.uk.
- Enter your College username and password and press the Sign In button. The system will perform a series of checks to ensure that your personal computer meets our security standards. This process may take a few minutes for the system to complete.
- Go through the instructions provided to rectify the security problems that the system has found, if any.
Once you have corrected the errors listed, if any, you will be given access to ICIS.
You should see a small blue icon with a white padlock on it in the taskbar on the bottom right of your screen. This is a helper program and is required to operate ICIS. If you do not see the icon, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button next to the text that says Windows Secure Application Manager.
- Click on the ICIS Production button, which will log you in to ICIS.
If you have any problems, contact the ICT Service Desk.