Setting up Multifactor Authentication
Check pre-requirements – our suggested method is to use the Microsoft Authenticator App as your secondary factor, you can download it from your app store by searching for “Microsoft Authenticator”
1. From a College owned PC on site, logon to https://imperial.ac.uk/office365 and you will be prompted to choose Set it up now
2. Choose the method of contact that best suits your needs. If using the Microsoft Authenticator app (preferred) you can select this here, it defaults to phone (SMS or Phone call) but from the drop-down list select -> Mobile App
3. Select Receive notifications for verification
4 . Select Set up
5. A new window will open with Configure mobile app and will show a QR code on it.
6. Open the authenticator App on your phone
7. Click Add account.
8. The camera app on your phone will open, point it at your monitor take a picture of the QR code. Once complete a window like this will appear.
9. Your account has now been setup for Multi-Factor Authentication.
10. Recommend that you logout or reboot your computer to finalise the setup.