Software Hub upgrade
Software Hub performance improvements and scheduled downtime
On Tuesday 16 April, between 14:00 and 16:00, the Software Hub will experience some downtime as ICT upgrade the online software streaming service to improve its performance and provide a better service to Imperial staff and students.
The Software Hub will be updated to a new version which comes with enhanced accessibility and performance improvements, including improved functioning alongside anti-virus products and autodetection of the AppsAnywhere validator.
How will this impact me?
The Software Hub will be unavailable to staff and students between 14:00 and 16:00 on Tuesday 16 April. In addition, ICT also anticipate service disruption to the Software Hub for up to 4 hours after the upgrade. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please note, if you have already launched an application before the scheduled downtime, you “should” be able to continue to work within the application during the upgrade.
Staff and students who are running an older version of the Cloudpaging installer on their device, will be required to uninstall their current version and update to a newer version.
Instructions on how to update the Cloudpaging installer
AppsAnywhere client versions prior to 1.3.0 and Cloudpaging prior to 9.1 are not compatible with AppsAnywhere 2.6. Which is what the Software Hub will be operating at after the upgrade. If you are working on a lower version, you will need to upgrade.
Follow these steps:
- Login to your device
- Open your Control Panel and select Programs and then Programs and Features
- Uninstall the current Cloudpaging player and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your device when prompted.
- Go to https://softwarehub.imperial.ac.uk
- Launch any application – we advise something small like 7Zip – this will cause AppsAnywhere to download and install the latest Cloudpaging player.
- Once the application launches, verify you are on a version of the Cloudpaging player greater than 9.1.