To add the College touch card printers to a Windows machine, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box and paste \\printservice.cc.ic.ac.uk into the Open field and click OK.
- Enter your College username prefixed with IC\ (E.G IC\username) and password if you are using a personal computer. You will see a list of available printers.
- Double click on colour to add colour printing or mono to add black and white printing from the list of available printers.
- You only need to follow this procedure once for each type. You will then find these printers listed on your PC by going to the Start menu and clicking Devices and Printers and you will be able to print to them from within applications.
- You can set a default printer by right clicking on the printer and choosing Set as default printer from the list.
- If you are using a personal machine and are having difficulty printing, you may need to delete the printer by right-clicking its name in the Devices and Printers list and repeating the steps above.
Booklets and stapling
To make booklets or use the stapling feature of the Xerox printers, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box and paste \\printservice-xe.cc.ic.ac.uk into the Open field and click OK.
2. Enter your College username and password if you are using a personal computer. You will see a list of available printers.
3. Double click on colour to add Xerox colour printing. It may take a few minutes to download the driver.
- You will find your Xerox printer by going to the Start menu and clicking on Devices and Printers.
- Configure your printing preferences by right clicking on the printer and selecting Printing preferences from the list.