Forwarding, redirecting and importing for alumni email accounts
Your student account typically remains active for one year after your graduation. You will receive an email from ICT to confirm its expiry date. At this time, you can register for an online alumni account (please allow two working days for your account to be approved). Once approved, you can activate your alumni email account by logging into your online alumni account and clicking on the alumni email service tab under My account. Imperial College alumni email accounts are hosted by Gmail.
Importing your email via POP
Please follow the instructions below to enable a POP download of email from your student email account to your alumni email account.
- Sign into your alumni email account by navigating to gmail.com.
- Click the gear symbol in the top right. Select Settings.
- Click Accounts, then select Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Add your student email address in the textbox and click Next Step.
- Enter your password for your student email account.
- On the following screen click on the drop-down menu next to POP Server, click Other then type outlook.office365.com. Tick which options you would like to enable and then click Add account.
- You should now see a message which confirms you have been successful. Select No for sending mail via your student email address. Click Finish.
Forwarding your email
Creating a forwarding rule will send new email received by your student email account to your alumni email account, while retaining a copy of the email in your student mailbox. This will continue until your student email account expires. Instructions for setting up a forward are below: