Forwarding, redirecting and importing for alumni email accounts
Please be aware that we are in the process of implementing a new alumni platform - Imperial Plexus - and the alumni email account creation is currently undergoing maintenance. During this period, the creation of new alumni email accounts is not available but existing accounts work as normal. Please check the Alumni Relations page for updates.
Your student account typically remains active for one year after your graduation. You will receive an email from ICT to confirm its expiry date.
Imperial College alumni email accounts are hosted by Gmail.
If you already have an alumni email account, you can follow these instructions to import your mail into your alumni email account.
Importing your email via POP
Please follow the instructions below to enable a POP download of email from your student email account to your alumni email account.
- Sign into your alumni email account by navigating to gmail.com.
- Click the gear symbol in the top right. Select Settings.
- Click Accounts tab, then select Add an email account next to check email from other accounts.
- Enter your @imperial.ac.uk email address in the textbox and click Next.
- Enter your Imperial username (ending in @ic.ac.uk).
- Select outlook.office365.com as the POP server and 995 as the port.
- Ensure Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail is ticked. Optionally tick other options if desired.
- Click Add Account to complete setup.