Forwarding, redirecting and importing for alumni email accounts
Your student account typically remains active for one year after your graduation. You will receive an email from ICT to confirm its expiry date. At this time, you can register for an online alumni account (please allow two working days for your account to be approved). Once approved, you can activate your alumni email account by logging into your online alumni account and clicking on the alumni email service tab under My account. Imperial College alumni email accounts are hosted by Gmail.
Importing your email via POP
Please follow the instructions below to enable a POP download of email from your student email account to your alumni email account.
- Sign into your alumni email account by navigating to gmail.com.
- Click the gear symbol in the top right. Select Settings.
- Click Accounts and Import tab, then select Import mail and contacts.
- Add your student email address in the textbox and click Next Step.
- Enter your password for your student email account. Change the POP Username to @ic.ac.uk
- On the following screen, tick the options you would like to enable and then click Start import button.
- You should now see a message which confirms you have been successful. Click OK to Finish.