Forwarding, redirecting and importing for alumni email accounts
Your student account typically remains active for one year after your graduation. You will receive an email from ICT to confirm its expiry date. At this time, you can register for an online alumni account (please allow two working days for your account to be approved). Once approved, you can activate your alumni email account by logging into your online alumni account and clicking on the alumni email service tab under My account. Imperial College alumni email accounts are hosted by Gmail.
Importing your email via POP
Please follow the instructions below to enable a POP download of email from your student email account to your alumni email account.
- Sign into your alumni email account by navigating to gmail.com.
- Click the gear symbol in the top right. Select Settings.
- Click Accounts tab, then select Add an email account next to check email from other accounts.
- Enter your @imperial.ac.uk email address in the textbox and click Next.
- Enter your Imperial username (ending in @ic.ac.uk).
- Select outlook.office365.com as the POP server and 995 as the port.
- Ensure Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail is ticked. Optionally tick other options if desired.
- Click Add Account to complete setup.