These are generic instructions, so your customised version of Android might be slightly different. Contact the ICT Service Desk for support if required.
To set up an Android device to check your Office 365 email account, follow these steps:
- Open Settings, scroll down to Accounts and select Add Account. Select Microsoft Exchange Active Sync (or Exchange)
- Type your full College email address or username. For example: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. This will vary depending on your version of Android.
- Type your College password and then select Next.
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Domain\Username: Type your full username followed by @ic.ac.uk (if Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type email@example.com in the Username box).
- Password: Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server: Enter m.outlook.com
6. Choose SSL if prompted about a secure connection.
7. Select Next and you will be able to specify what you wish to be syncing options.
Your email account is now ready to use.