Collaborate with Groups and Teams
Create an Outlook Group or Team inviting internal and external contacts to a secure, shared workspace for email conversations, file storage, real time collaboration on shared documents and shared events schedule.
Outlook Group or a Team?
Your selection will ultimately depend on yours, and your co-workers, preferred style of communicating.
Both Outlook Groups and Teams provide access to the following features:
- Shared Calendar, Outlook calendar for shared events, meetings, out of office, etc.
- Shared file storage, through a shared Document Library and a SharePoint Team Site
- OneNote, online note taking tool that can be synced to your OneNote app on PC or Mac, Android or iOS mobile device
- Planner, ability to create Plans and To Do Lists and assign to group members
- Stream Video Portal, Video portal that supports channels and playlists - a YouTube like experience for enterprise
- Power Bi Workspace, dashboards and business analytics tools. Licensed on request.
- The opportunity to link in other data and cloud services using Connectors.
Guidance for creating Outlook Groups and Teams
Before creating an Outlook Group or Team, read College's Information Security Policy and Conditions of use for IT facilities. Complying with the following guidelines when creating and naming groups will help navigation and identification and ensure appropriate access restrictions.
Group and Team usage is reviewed by ICT. Owners for Groups/Team which appear inactive will be contacted with a view to deletion. Owners found in contravention of Conditions of IT Use may be subject to formal action.
Acting as a guest in another tenant
Adding guests to Office 365 Groups/Teams
Outlook Groups or Teams
Teamwork and deciding which Office 365 tool to use and when: