Skype for Business
Start using Skype for Business
Skype for Business is the College's preferred online communication and collaboration service for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices, offering instant messaging, video, and voice call options, integrated with Office 365 tools.
For staff, Skype for Business is integrated with Office 365 Outlook accessed via your College PC or laptop menu. Skype for Business is not yet fully integrated with Office 365 online via the web portal, so meetings cannot currently be set up via 365 Online Calendars.
For students, Skype for Business is fully integrated with 365 accessed from College machines and online applications.
Skype for Business key features
Contacts, presence and instant messaging
- Add any other Skype for Business user to your contact list.
- Create contact groups across departments and organisations.
- Instantly see whether your contacts are available via their presence status.
- Easily send an instant message by double-clicking on a contact and typing a message.
- Invite more people to join your chat.
See the Microsoft Quick Reference Cards to learn more about Contacts, presence and IM.
Skype for Business meetings
- Easy to set up, schedule and join online meetings using the New Skype Meeting function via the Microsoft Outlook calendar toolbar.
- Even non- Skype for Business users can join your meetings - just send them the URL.
- Share presentations and documents with meeting participants.
- Record the meeting to keep or share it with others.
See the Microsoft Quick Reference Cards to learn more about Meetings.
Sharing and collaboration
- Share PowerPoint presentations and transfer files.
- Share access to your desktop with another Skype for Business user so that he or she can edit a document or demonstrate an application.
- Start a conference call between sharing participants at the click of a button.
See the Microsoft Quick Reference Cards to learn more about Sharing and collaboration.