Before you use the Remote Desktop Gateway (RDG) connection, wake your College PC. We are limited in the support we are able to directly provide for this app.
To set up an RDG connection using your iOS device, follow these steps:
- Download and install the free Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the App Store.
- Start the app and select New Remote Desktop to add a new profile entry. This will open a new window.
- Enter Imperial Work PC or similar in the Connection name field and tap Save to confirm.
- Enter the FQDN (e.g. cc-example.cc.ic.ac.uk) of the College PC to which you wish to connect in the PC name field and select Save to confirm.
- Select the User name field and enter ic\yourCollegeusername and password and select Save to confirm.
- Select Gateway and a new window will appear.
- Tap Add gateway.
- Enter TS Gateway in the Gateway name field and select Save to confirm.
- Enter ictsgw.cc.ic.ac.uk in the Server field and select Save to confirm. The newly created connection is now in the Remote Desktops section.
- Select the gateway in the Remote Desktops screen to initiate the connection.
Your session is now connected.