Instructions for iOS 10 and later
Apple are no longer supporting PPTP, the VPN method for the college, on the newest versions of MacOS and iOS. If you are using iOS 10, please follow the instructions below:
1. Download the OpenVPN connect app from itunes.
2. Download the OpenVPN config from here.
3. Open the OpenVPN connect app and import the config file.
4. Connect using the on-screen prompts. Note that you must connect from within the OpenVPN app.
If you have connected to the VPN using the instructions above and still can’t access journals please see here for alternative access methods.
Please note that the VPN is not intended to provide access to region-restricted resources such as video or audio streaming providers.
Instructions for iOS 9 and earlier
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select VPN.
- Tap Add VPN Configuration.
- Select PPTP.
- Add Imperial VPN as the Description.
- Type vpn.imperial.ac.uk in the Server field.
- Type your College username in the Account field.
- Type your College password in the Password field.
- Tap Save.
The connection is now set up. To use it, go to Settings > General and swipe the VPN button to ON.