Access and manage group space
You need to know the path (location) of your group space before you can follow these instructions and access it. If you're not sure what your path is, contact the ICT Service Desk and a member of the support team will help you.
- Click Computer on the Start Menu
- Click Map Network drive
- Select a drive letter in the box marked Drive. It can be any letter that does not have a path next to it already
- Enter your Home directory path (location) in the box marked Folder, e.g. \\store.ic.ac.uk\ic\fons\chemistry\medicinal_chemistry
- Select Connect using different credentials and enter your College username in the format ic\yourusername and your College password, if you did not login to the computer with your College username and password
- Select Go from the Finder menu
- Select Connect to server...
- Enter your the path (location) in the Server Address box in this format: cifs://servername/sharename/foldername, e.g. cifs://ic.ac.uk/san/biology
- If you haven't already logged in with your College username and password, enter them now to connect
Manage your group space
In order to manage user access to group space, you need to first create a mailing (distribution) list. You will manage access to the group space by adding and removing people to the mailing (distribution) list.