Halls network connection troubleshooting
If you're having issues connecting to the halls network, please try the following:
Windows and Mac troubleshooting
- Click Start
- Type Internet options
- Click Connections
- Click LAN Settings
- Ensure Automatically detect settings is the only box that is ticked and click OK.
6. Try connecting to the network again.
If you're still experiencing issues please try the following:
- Click Start
- Type Network and sharing Center
- If connecting via ethernet cable, right click Local Area Connection. If connecting via wireless right click Wi-Fi.
- Click properties
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4
- Ensure the boxes for Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server are ticked.
7. Click OK
8. Click Internet Protocol Version 6
9. Ensure the boxes for Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server are ticked.
10. Click OK.
11. Try connecting to the network again.
If you're still experiencing issues connecting please contact the ICT Service Desk.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences. Then click Network.
- Select the interface that you're using to connect to the Internet, such as Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Click the DNS tab.
- In the DNS Servers section of the window, click Remove (–) button on DNS servers that are not greyed out.
Try connecting again.
If after trying this you are still unable to connect please contact the ICT Service Desk.