Create a pre-set webcast link for Panopto personal recordings
Sometimes it is useful to set up a pre-made webcast link before you make a recording, to send this link to participants ahead of time.
Live webcasts cannot be viewed on mobile phones and tablets.
Create a pre-set webcast link
- Go to the Panopto Server at imperial.cloud.panopto.eu.
- Enter your College username and password and click on log in.
- Click on the folder to which you would like to save your recording.
- Click the Create button.
- Select Webcast.
- Enter the name of the recording and select Create. You will be transferred to a window displaying the viewer link (also the webcast link) to the course and other useful information.
- Go to the Share tab to email this link to viewers. Read: Email a link to a Panopto recording or folder if you add this link to a Blackboard course. It is recommended that you make this link open in a new window to ensure that the viewers can see the entire screen properly. These options can also be accessed via the Settings cog wheel if you want to edit them later.
Your recording will now be listed on the server as an open (empty) session, represented by a hollow circle. Sometimes Panopto places this recording at the bottom of your session list so you may want to sort the name column in reverse order to see the session.
When you are ready to make you recording, follow these steps:
- Enter the server address imperial.cloud.panopto.eu.
- Enter your College username and password and click the Sign In button.
- Locate the open (empty) session you created using the steps above and select Settings. In the Settings menu click on Record – Launch Panopto and record to this session. This will launch the Panopto Personal Recorder.
- Follow the steps in Use the Panopto Personal Recorder with Windows from step 7 onwards.