Schedule a Panopto recording using the Remote Recorder
Scheduled recordings work with the Remote Recorder only and only staff with Videographer access to Panopto can schedule a recording. Scheduling is not available via the Personal Recorder.
- Sometimes you will notice that a five minute recording produces a video of four and a half minutes. This is because it can take between a half and one minute for Panopto to activate fully and run. We advise adding extra time to both the start and end times.
- It is not advisable to schedule recordings over three hours long.
- It is not advisable to schedule recordings immediately back to back.
- Go to imperial.cloud.panopto.eu
- Select ic.ac.uk from the Sign in using drop down menu and enter your College username and password.
- Click Sign In.
- Select the folder to which you would like to save the recording.
- Click Create.
- Type the session name and save the recording in the correct folder.
- Tick the Webcast Session box, if you want to make a live webcast.
- Tick the Schedule Automated Recording box.
- Select a Date and Time for the recording.
- Select the name of the Primary Remote Recorder that you wish to use. Do not select a secondary recorder.
- Add a few extra minutes at the beginning and end of timings to make sure you capture everything and for the recorder to start up.
- Click Submit when completed.
For a live webcast, you can send a link out, so it can be viewed at the start time. To do this:
- Hover over the name of the recording on the right hand side.
- Select the Share icon. You will see the Share Link that contains the link to your broadcast that you can send to people via email.
Another way to view your schedule is go to your folder and tick the Show Scheduled Recordings. The link to the upcoming webcast/recording will be posted in the Settings > Overview tab. You may want to send people an email that contains this link.