Moving Teams Recordings into Panopto
It is recommended to upload Teams recordings for teaching and learning into Panopto because of the following advantages:
- Stores all recordings for a module in one place
- Correct permissions applied automatically
- Ability to edit
- Automated captioning (either Panopto ASR or Verbit as applied to folder)
- Playback speed can be changed plus the use other familiar Panopto options, such as bookmarking and notes
Here are details of an interim solution to manually move recordings from Teams to Panopto. An automated solution is being implemented and will become available during the course of the Autumn Term (2021 – 2022).
To download Teams meeting recording(s):
- Open the Teams site with the recording(s) you want to download.
- Go to Files > Recordings > View Only.
- Use the circles on the left-hand side to select the recording(s) you wish to download.
- Click Download from the menu at the top of the screen.
- The file(s) will be downloaded to your "Downloads" folder either as a single video file for one video or a zip file for multiple videos (you will need to extract the zip file before uploading to Panopto).
To upload the file(s) to Panopto:
- Go to Panopto and enter your College credentials.
- Browse to the folder you wish to upload to and open it.
- Drag the file(s) from your local device into the main window of that folder. You will see the upload progress on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Once uploaded, the file(s) will be processed on the Panopto server. Whilst processing is taking place, you can change the settings and sharing permissions for the recording by hovering over the file and selecting the Settings cog, if necessary.
- Once the recording has processed, it can be edited in the same way as other Panopto recordings. Captions will automatically be added and published once they are available.