Submit an assignment
All Turnitin assignments are accessed through the relevant course in Blackboard. You will be able to use the link to the assignment in Blackboard to submit work and review feedback once it has been released by your tutor.
Ensure that you follow any instructions that are set by your Course Leader when submitting an assignment. If you have any issues regarding your assignments, please contact either your course leader or department office as they will be best placed to offer advice.
Follow the steps below to submit a Turnitin assignment:
- Go to bb.imperial.ac.uk, enter your College username and password and log in
- Navigate to the course that contains the Turnitin assignment you would wish to submit to
- Locate the assignment in the course and click on the title of the assignment
- Select the blue Submit button
- Enter the Title for your submission
- Now, choose your submission to the assignment in one of three ways and select Upload:
- Choose from this computer – Select a file from your computer for upload
- Choose from Dropbox – Sign in to your Dropbox account and select a file
- Choose from Google Drive– Sign in to your Google Drive account and select a file.
- Once your submission has been uploaded, a thumbnail image will be displayed on your screen for you to check. If your file contains multiple pages, use the arrow buttons to scroll through each page. The word, page and character counts are also displayed.
- When you are satisfied that your submission should be made, select the Confirm button
- If your file was submitted successfully, you will see the following message on your screen:
“Congratulations - your submission is complete! This is your digital receipt. You can print a copy of this receipt from within the Document Viewer.”
- You will now receive a digital receipt to your Imperial College email address. Ensure that you also make a note of the submission ID displayed on the screen.
IMPORTANT: If you do not receive an emailed receipt, please contact your course leader or departmental office.