Microsoft are developing the software for Mac OSX and we expect them to launch the new version in the summer of 2016. In the meantime, you can install and use the Lync for Mac 2011 software.
Instructions for Lync for Mac 2011
Downloading and installing
To install Lync for Mac 2011, go to Microsoft's website: Download Lync for Mac 2011
Setting up and logging in
To set up and log in to Lync for Mac 2011, follow these steps:
1. Check that you are connected to the internet.
2. Select the Lync icon on your Dock.
3. Select Use Lync in the dialog box that asks you whether you want to make Lync the default application for telephone calls.
4. Enter your College username followed by @ic.ac.uk (e.g. email@example.com) in the User ID box.
5. Enter your College email address in the Email Address box.
6. Enter your College password in the Password box.
7. Click Advanced at the bottom of the screen. A dialog box will appear.
8. Untick the Use Kerberos box under the heading Authentication.
9. Choose Automatic configuration under the heading Connection Settings and click OK. It will return you to the log in screen.
10. Press the Sign in button.
Your set up is complete.
If your attempt to log in fails, double-check your password and your internet connection. If you continue to get the message, it could be that the connection is slow because of increased traffic. Try again. It can take a few times to get through.
If you continue to have problems, go to: Fix problems with setup or signing in