Software Hub streamed applications
The Software Hub is able to provide you with a variety of software that is stored on College servers and provided via vendor websites.
To access these applications you need to have the Cloudpaging player and the AppsAnywhere client installed on your local PC (The cluster PCs already have the player installed.)
On a college desktop – with player already installed
- Login to any PC in a cluster room in College.
- Open a browser and go to https://softwarehub.imperial.ac.uk/ or click on the desktop icon.
- Enter your College username and password.
- Click ‘I’ve already used AppsAnywhere on this device!' when presented.
- The AppsAnywhere client will open and, once validated, scroll down to find a program you wish to run and click Launch, Download or Visit Website.
On your own device
- The Software Hub requires the Cloudpaging player and the AppsAnywhere client. You only need to do this once.
- You get the option to install the player by clicking on the “It’s my first time using AppsAnywhere on this device. Let’s go” button on the Software Hub welcome webpage.
- Open a web browser and go to https://softwarehub.imperial.ac.uk/
- Log in with your College username and password
- You will then get diverted to the College log-in page and need to enter your username and password again.
- The Software Hub page opens
- Click on It’s my first time using AppsAnywhere on this device. Let’s go – to download the AppsAnywhere client.
- Run the downloaded program , and then accept all the defaults.
- AppsAnywhere will automatically launch and install the Cloudpaging player, if required.
- Go back to your web browser and on the Software Hub page click on Done.
- If prompted, click Allow to let your browser interact with the AppsAnywhere client.
- The AppsAnywhere client will open and, once validated, you are ready to launch applications from the Software Hub webpage.
- Hover over an application and click on Launch, Download or Visit Website.
- Your application is now installed and the next time you need to run it you can just find it on your Start menu.
The majority of software is delivered through the Software Hub is for Microsoft Windows only, although you will see a selection of links if you visit the Software Hub on a Mac or iOS/Android.
If the software you need to use isn't available, fill in the request form in the Imperial Software Hub and we will try to install it for you, depending on licence restrictions.
Software Hub FAQ
I’ve removed an application from my jukebox player. How do I get it back?
Re-add the application by going back to the software hub.
One of the applications I want to use isn’t working anymore. What should I do?
Why did I get a licence error when I launched an application?
Why did I get a server error when I logged in?
Use your College username to login, not ic\<yourusername>.
Why doesn’t the application jukebox start when I turn on my computer?
It is likely that the player settings have been amended. These can be found by going to File and then Options. Make sure that the Start Jukebox Player when Windows starts box is ticked. If the jukebox player still fails to launch, applications will not be available via the Start Menu. If you’re still experiencing problem, contact the ICT Service Desk.