Inclusive Technology (study tools)
Improve your study efficiency
From mind mapping technology to spell checkers, Imperial provides multiple tools that can help you study and work better, faster and smarter.
Use these pages to learn how technology can help you with the following activities:
- Organisation and time management
- Writing, planning and proofreading
- Research and referencing
- Mental health and procrastination
How to access this technology?
Most of these study tools are available on PCs across College and for download from the Software Hub (licence permitting). Log in to the Software Hub and select 'Catergories' from the menu bar, from here choose 'Inclusive Technology' which brings up a list of all available tools, technology and software.
Study tools and device compatability
Study tools and device compatibility
|Study tool||Available on College Windows device||Available on personal Windows device||Available on personal Mac||Available on iOS|
|Grammarly||Yes||Yes||Yes (no MS Word add on)||No|
|Dictation.io||Yes (mic required)||Yes||Yes||No|
|AT Bar||Yes (Chrome add on)||Yes||Yes (Chrome add on)||No|
|EquatIO||Yes (Chrome add on)||Yes||Yes (Chrome add on)||No|
|MyScript Maths Sample||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Photo Maths iOS||No (mobile app)||No||No||Yes|
|CamScanner||No (mobile app)||No||No||Yes|
|Mind Shift||No (mobile app)||No||No||Yes|
- If you require technical support then contact the ICT Service Desk who can help you download and install software.
- Diversity and Ability Ltd (DnA) are an external company who have extensive experience and knowledge on the use of study tools. If you need advice or training on how to use any of the tools on these pages, then contact DnA directly and they will be happy to help all Imperial College London students and staff.