To install Office 365 software on a Mac, follow these steps:
- Go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/.
- Enter your Imperial username followed by @ic.ac.uk e.g: email@example.com and your password and click Sign In. The first time you login you will see the install splashscreen.
- Click Install.
- Click on the cog in the top right-hand corner, if you are returning, and select Office 365 settings and choose Software.
- Click Install to download the Office 2016 for Mac installer.
- Click on the Microsoft_Office2016_Installer.pkg file in your Downloads folder.
- Click on the Office installer in the new window.
- Follow the steps given by Office 365 setup utility to finish the installation.
Activating the software
Once the software is installed, Microsoft Word will start. Follow these steps to activate the software:
1. Enter your College firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com not your College email address).
2. Click Next.
3. Enter your College firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com not your College email address) again, followed by your College password.
4. Click Sign in.
Office 365 should now be fully installed and activated.
Software can be installed on up to 5 different computers. You can keep track of the computers you have installed software on by logging in to https://login.microsoftonline.com/ and navigating to the Software Settings section via the cog in the upper right corner of the page.
More guides for using Office 365 software can be found on Microsoft's website.