Document Delivery Service
Manager, Document Delivery
+44 (0) 20 7594 8834
Senior Library Assistant, Document Delivery
+44 (0) 20 7594 8178
About the Document Delivery Service
This free and unlimited service is available to:
- Imperial students and staff
- NHS staff from trusts with links with Imperial
Requested material MUST be required for your Imperial College London or NHS work, coursework or research.
Making a document delivery request
Always check Library Search before making a request - we may have the publication either online or in print in your campus library.
If the item is not in any of our libraries or online collections use the Order books & articles link in Library Search. (For help see our short video A quick guide to placing a Document Delivery request.)
For an article from a journal at another Imperial campus library use the Order books & articles link on Library Search and we will email it to you.
Receiving documents from the British Library electronically on your PC or mobile devices
From April 2017 the British Library supplies your journal articles, book chapters and conference papers to your email address via DRM Lite delivery method. (For help see our video How to receive documents from the British Library).
DRM Lite requirements:
- You have to be online to receive your document
- You have to be registered with the British Library On Demand
- You need to use only Adobe Reader 10 or above to view your document
Document downloading and viewing:
- The link to your document will be active only for 30 days from dispatch
- You will need to be connected to the Internet to read your documents.
- Once downloaded and saved, you can view the document for up to 3 years
- You can keep copies of your document on multiple devices, including tablets and smartphones
- The document may only be printed once and it is recommended that you print it immediately