Scan and Send Service
The Scan and Send service allows Imperial students, staff and NHS users to request a digital extract of up to one chapter of any book or journal article(s) from any of our libraries.
If the item you are requesting is on your course reading list, please get in touch with your subject librarian. If you are an academic or an administrator compiling your reading list or teaching material, please use Leganto to create your reading list or contact your subject librarian, rather than using Scan and Send.
Placing a Scan and Send request
- Sign in to Library Search and find the book or journal article details
- Check it is not already available as an e-book or e-journal
- Click the Scan and Send button to fill in the request form
- You must state the page range or chapter number/title required or we cannot process your request
- Agree to copyright declaration and click Send Order
- You will receive an email with the scanned section attached
Example of a completed form:
Scan and send restrictions
For copyright reasons, we can only comply with requests that adhere to these specifications:
- Imperial Staff and Students: 1 chapter from a book; 1 article from a journal issue
- NHS Staff: 1 chapter or 5% of a book, whichever is greater; 2 articles from a journal issue
If you are having difficulties with accessing e-books or e-journals, contact us via Ask.
Alternatively, if what you want is not available in print or electronically, contact your Subject Librarian.
Please note that delivery time for this service will vary depending on demand as we are operating with reduced numbers of staff on-site.