24 hour loans
24 hour loans at the Central Library
Our 24 hour loan collection includes books in high demand and photocopies of some journal articles.
24 hour loan books are in the room next to the Information Hub in the Central Library.
Photocopied articles are kept at the Information Hub. They are from journals not available in the Library either electronically or in print.
- You may borrow 4 items at a time
- Items are issued for 24 hours (Monday to Friday) or over the weekend from Friday
- Items must be borrowed on the self-service machine in the 24 hour loan room
- We charge fines on overdue items at the rate of 50p per hour More about fines
- Only readers with a borrower’s card may use the collection
- You cannot place requests on 24 hour loans