Imperial College London’s new admissions management solution aims to deliver capabilities that will ensure an excellent experience for those applying to undergraduate and direct applications (e.g. postgraduate and occasional applicants) programmes for 2019 entry.
The new solution went live on Monday 3 September 2018 and combines application software with the Banner student information system in support of processes across Faculties, Departments, Registry, Student Fees and ICT. This launch marks an important milestone in delivering improved information processes for staff and students across the student lifecycle as part of the Student Information Management Programme (SIMP).
The new admissions management solution facilitates:
- Applicant online application submission, tracking and document upload through the new Imperial Gateway
- Payment for application fees, deposits and towards tuition fees
- Presentation of tuition fee liability on offer letters
- Online application management and real-time reporting
- Development towards a single College source of applicant communications.
There will be a phased release of the new applications management system across the College in support of the 2018/19 admissions cycle for applications for 2019 entry. The initial release is to Registry Admissions for assessment of UCAS undergraduate applications, and to the Business School for assessment of applications to the Full Time MBA Programme.
Access by Departments for the management of undergraduate applications will commence from 17 September and from mid-October for direct applications for 2019 entry courses when the cycle opens in Autumn 2018.