Fee for 2020
The cost of one residential place on the Imperial College Global Summer School in 2020 is £4,695 per student.
The Physical Sciences stream offers students the opportunity to explore the physics and mathematics of a central concept in the physical sciences. The classroom-based programme is accompanied by hands-on sessions in our labs and computer programming workshops, where you will combine newly honed programming skills with theoretical knowledge to complete a team-based project.
In 2019, students studied oscillations as one of the most fundamental and far-reaching concepts in the physical sciences. Examples of oscillations occur in all branches of physics, from the smallest studies of subatomic particles to the large-scale movements of galaxies.
On the physical science stream, you will:
- Conduct practical experiments, collect and analyse data
- Encounter new mathematical techniques in a lecture-led teaching session
- Learn the basics of the Python programming language and create computer simulations
- Present the results of your experiment as a group
- Finish the week with a real understanding of oscillations and their importance throughout the natural sciences
Please note the above information is meant as a guide and applicants should be aware that the academic programme is subject to change from year to year. We are currently in the process of organising the academic sessions for the 2020 Global Summer School. Please email us if you have any questions about the academic sessions or any other aspect of the programme.
Register your interest and don't miss out!
Register to join our mailing list for occasional email updates about our Global Summer School and when applications go live.