Online programme 2021
£1,845 per person
Monday 28 June - Friday 9 July
Monday 2 August - Friday 13 August
What does the online programme cover?
We’re on the lookout for the highest achieving students from across the globe to join us for an unforgettable summer school experience.
With over 50 hours of contact time, students will take part in:
- Academic lectures and seminars in Engineering, Medicine and Life Sciences, or Physics
- Imperial Enterprise Lab STEM Challenge
- Social programme
Applications for 2021 are now open
Apply by Monday 8 March 2021 in order to guarantee that your application, if successful, will be assigned to your preferred stream and session.
How are we running the online programme?
The Global Summer School in 2021 will be hosted on Microsoft Teams. You will be provided with unique login information to access the platform securely.
Lectures, seminars, project work, masterclasses and social programme activities will be hosted live, giving you the chance to interact with staff and students and ask any questions you have. Lectures will be recorded for you to re-watch or catch up on later if you are not able to watch live.
During seminars, you will work on assignments with other members of your academic stream and an academic mentor. Imperial undergraduate teaching staff will be on hand to deliver academic sessions and answer questions. The group project work will also take place on the platform so that you can work alongside your teammates in real-time.
What will I gain by attending Global Summer School?
- The opportunity to study your chosen subject area, allowing you to develop a deep understanding of the central concepts and real-world applications of engineering, physics, or medicine and life sciences.
- Access to live lectures and seminars taught directly by world-class Imperial academics, offering their knowledge and expertise in their disciplines through a range of fascinating sessions and engaging activities.
- Entrepreneurial skills, gained through participating in interdisciplinary team projects, taught by Imperial Enterprise Lab.
- A thorough understanding of the process for applying to UK universities, as well as what admissions tutors are looking for in applications and interviews, presented directly by Imperial’s Student Recruitment team.
- The chance to meet and work alongside like-minded, focused students from across the globe and to interact in both an academic and social environment.
- A certificate awarded by Imperial College London, to demonstrate your participation in this selective and academically-rigorous programme.
What streams are available for the online programme?
How will the timings of the programme work?
Whilst planning Global Summer School 2021, we have considered the wide range of time zones in which our students live, as well as the fact that our academic staff and mentors are based in the UK.
In order to provide a collaborative, engaging and interactive programme, taught directly by Imperial College London academic staff and supported by current Imperial students, Global Summer School activities will be scheduled within UK working hours (usually 9am – 5pm BST).
As such, some sessions may be scheduled outside of typical working hours in your country. By participating in live sessions alongside an international cohort, you will get a taste of life as an Imperial student and gain the most from the Global Summer School experience.