Who we are looking for
We are looking forward to seeing applications from Year 11 students who:
- have a passion for STEM subjects and interest in medicine; and
- are studying in a school that has below average attainment or with a high percentage of students receiving free school meals.
Pathways to Medicine applicants must:
- have a keen interest in science and medicine.
- be considering studying science in their post-16 studies and medicine post-18.
- be capable of achieving a minimum of 5 A (grade 7-9) and 3 B (grade 6) grades in GCSEs including A (grade 7-9) grade in at least two Sciences, B (grade 6) in Maths and B (grade 6) in English Language.
- be willing to travel to Imperial for the scheduled dates of the programme.
This programme is funded by the Sutton Trust, which along with Imperial College London aims to support students from backgrounds under-represented in Higher Education.
We will assess your eligibility for the programme by asking if any of the circumstances below apply to you. We will prioritise students who meet some or all of these criteria:
- you are receiving free school meals
- your family income is below £46,350/year
- you have been in care or are a young carer
- your parents do not have a university degree
Applications are now open for 2018-19. Please apply by clicking on this link. Deadline to apply is 23:59 on 9 January 2018. Teacher consent forms to support applications will need to be received by 16 January 2018. If a teacher consent form is not received by this date, the corresponding application will not be considered.