Modelling of Biological and Bio-inspired Systems
We develop methods and computational tools for understanding, modelling and simulating various biological and physiological processes and their applications in bio-inspired electronic systems.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Optogenetics: PyRhO – A Multiscale Computational Platform for Optogenetics
- Retina modelling - new approach for identifing Receptive Field Vectors using Information Theory
- Silicon Retina - Retinal Prosthesis/Vision Augmentation
- Stochastic modelling of G-protein coupled cascade (Drosophila photo-transduction)
- Bio-Inspired Signal Processing
- New ideas about neural interfacing (thermal effects in neural activity, optical recording, etc.)
The code for some of these projects can be found in our GitHub repositories.