ReSBio is an interdisciplinary research group led by Dr Miao Guo, focusing on the user-oriented problem-solving and long-term engineering solutions in the biorenewable sectors (including bioenergy, biofuel, biochemicals, bioplastics). ReSBio research activities engage policy-makers, industrial stakeholders, scientists and engineers, tackling the sustainable and resilience challenges around biorenewable systems design and contributing to the future bioeconomy evolution.
We are particularly interested in the following areas –
- Whole systems modelling and optimisation of resource-competition systems.
- Integration of ecosystem services with value chain optimisation.
- Systems modelling of circular bioeconomy.
- Game theory based model to understand the policy implications for innovation market or low-carbon technology deployment.
- Biorenewable systems analyses and design under emerging economy context.
- Biogeochemical modelling to understand the lignocellulosic biomass dynamics and carbon/nitrogen cycles in agro-ecosystems.
- Process design for waste resource recovery.
- Life cycle sustainability evaluation of biorenewables processes and supply chains.
- Optimisation for resource-efficient urbanisation system.
Find out more about our current research projects:
Resilient and Sustainable Biorenewable Systems Engineering Model
Bioenergy value chains
Multi-echelon value chain design under emerging economy
Resource recovery from wastewater
Life cycle sustainability evaluation of biorenewables processes and supply chains
Sustainable and resource-efficient urban energy system