Advertising your opportunities
The key way to ensure your vacancy reaches our students is to post it on JobsLive, our online jobs, events and appointments system. This will ensure that your vacancy is visible to all Imperial College students and recent Imperial College graduates. Students can also register their preferences, and will be emailed your vacancy if it matches. The service is free of charge and registration only takes a few moments. Once your registration has been (manually) approved, you will receive an email asking you to create a password. You can then post and re-post vacancies by logging into your account.
Please note that the Careers Service checks all vacancies before they go live onto the system; vacancies will normally be approved within one working day of posting. Please ensure you read all of the information on this page, and our Terms and Conditions [pdf], before attempting to post a vacancy.
If you have any problems using JobsLive, please email us, or call us on +44 (0)20 7594 8024.
Important information on advertising your opportunities
Posting a vacancy
- Register your organisation on JobsLive (follow the link at the top of this page). The Careers Service will check your details and approve your organisation within one working day.
- You can then post a vacancy, which the Careers Service will check and approve. If we don’t approve a vacancy, we will always tell you why, and, if possible, suggest amendments in order for the vacancy to be approved. Please make sure you only select one vacancy type, e.g. Internship or Graduate - Full Time, when adding your vacancy.
- Once a vacancy has been approved and is live, you can use your account to edit it. The vacancy will then need to be rechecked by the Careers Service before going live again. If you have any problems posting or editing your vacancy, please email us and we will happily help.
- Please note jobs posted on JobsLive are viewable by current Imperial students and recent Imperial graduates (up to 3 years post graduation).
Placements & internships
Imperial students are available to undertake a range of placement and internship options, depending on their department and your business needs. Our Placement and Internship Employer Guide provides information on offering internships and placements to students at Imperial, and answers some FAQs.
These can include:
- 12 month placements (as part of a student's course)
- 6 month placements (as part of a student's course)
- Summer internships (our summer vacation starts at the beginning of July and ends the last week in September)
- Other internships (such as during the Easter or Christmas vacations)
- Graduate internships (for students that have already completed their degree)
- Insights (week/day long opportunities for first year students, or second years on a four year course, that give an introduction to the company)
You can refer to our list of departments to get further information on the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes Imperial College offers. Each department has different arrangements for placements and internships and details of these can be found on the year in industry placements page.
The Placement & Internship Unit also run the Charity Insights scheme which gives students a bursary to complete a four week internship in the not-for-profit sector.
If you are a recruitment agency or third party intermediary, we offer a service whereby you can place individual company vacancies on JobsLive at a cost of £75 + VAT.
- The vacancy must be posted using the final employer’s (client’s) name
- We will only advertise specific/individual vacancies, not open ended opportunities
- We will only advertise opportunities that we feel appropriate to our students/graduates
- We will not advertise any opportunities that contravene Equal Opportunities, Employment Law or any other UK legislation.
- We retain the right to be selective at all times as to what we will/will not advertise.
Third parties and recruitment agencies can submit a job vacancy with us. Please email us for further information. We will check the opportunity and, if appropriate, post it on JobsLive. Once posted, we will raise an invoice.