Employer presentations are one of the most effective and direct methods of informing students about your opportunities. We recommend that you make on-campus presentations during the autumn term (October – November) or the spring term (late January - mid March).
Process for setting up a presentation
How to arrange a presentation
Contact Robert Carpenter on +44 (0)20 7594 8030 to discuss possible presentation dates.
Once a date has been agreed, we will give you the contact information in order to book a venue and any catering requirements. Rooms are available in the evenings only, with most employer presentations starting at 18:30.
When the venue details have been confirmed, please get back in touch with Robert Carpenter to discuss the details.
Please note that all costs are set by the Events booking team and you will need to confirm these with them when booking your presentation.
Promoting your presentation
It is very important that you promote your presentation to Imperial students. Due to the demand for quality graduates, Imperial students are invited to many presentations throughout the recruitment season. On an average night our students will be invited to four or five employer presentations. To attract students to your event, you need to help the Careers Service to publicise your event effectively.
Methods of Publicity
Entry in Career Choice
Inform us of your presentation details prior to the end of August and your event will be included in Career Choice. It may also be beneficial to make additional entries in Career Choice; you can discuss this with Robert Carpenter.
We publicise all presentations on JobsLive. The sooner we have all the details, the sooner we can start the promotion!
If you have a specific target group, you may wish to consider a targeted email.
If you wish us to distribute posters promoting your event, you can send 25 A4 posters to the Careers Service, 3 weeks prior to your event.
These should include:
- contact email address for students to register their intention to attend
In order to gauge the level of interest and numbers for catering, etc., a pre-registration system should be set up.
There are two options:
- The Careers Service can operate this via JobsLive. There is no additional charge and our students are used to using this system. Please inform Robert Carpenter if you wish to make use of this service.
- Alternatively, you can run your own registration via a web link or email address. To do this, please inform us of the link/email address, so that this can be added to the event marketing.
- If you are offering refreshments you will need to confirm attendance numbers with the Events booking team.
- We have a number of students under the age of 18 so, if your event is likely to be attended by first year undergraduates, you should avoid serving alcohol.
- The number of students who register is only an indication of those who will attend and no guarantee of numbers.