China Careers Fairs
This year, these fairs will be held in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong
Imperial College Careers Service is once again collaborating with LSE and Cambridge to provide careers fairs in China. A number of students from Columbia and Chicago universities have also been invited to attend the fairs. Last year’s fairs in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai proved very successful with several Imperial attendees obtaining placements, internships and job offers as a result of the events.
The China fairs are aimed at any native speaking student but particularly penultimate year, final year and graduate students. It is not necessary to be a native speaker for the Hong Kong Fair.
We expect the events to be even more successful than last year and hope to have 25+ companies at each venue. Some companies will attend more than one venue but this is often because they are recruiting for specific regions e.g. attending Shanghai for the Shanghai office and Beijing for the Beijing office. Not all companies are attending every venue.
Please note: these events are for the students and recent graduates of the participating universities only. Do not forward details to your friends at other institutions as they will not be admitted to the fairs.
Why should you attend?
- It is the best way to meet many recruiters from multinationals, financial, government and manufacturing organisations who have a strong presence in China
- In Shanghai there will also be representatives from Chinese national and state-owned companies
- You will greatly improve your chances of success by meeting employers face to face and obtaining information about recruitment and selection processes
- The number of students attending is deliberately lower than at UK fairs - allowing you more chance for useful conversations with prospective employers. We expect to have no more than 300 students at any venue
Bookings are now open for the China Careers Fairs:
Our fairs are very popular so we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. Tickets are free however you will need your College Identification (CID) number to process your booking. Further information about each of the events is available via JobsLive which also directs you to the relevant Eventbrite booking page.
- Beijing Careers Fair - Monday 12 August 2019, 14:30 - 17:00, Hilton Beijing. (Access JobsLive to book Beijing)
- Shanghai Careers Fair - Wednesday 14 August 2019, 14:00 - 17:00, Hua Ting Hotel & Towers Shanghai. (Access JobsLive to book Shanghai)
- Hong Kong Careers Fair - Monday 19 August 2019, 13:00 - 16:00, Harbour Grand Hong Kong. (Access JobsLive to book Hong Kong)
Below you can see this years' event brochures so you can see the range of organisations that are attending: