JobsLive is the Careers Service's online system for booking events and appointments, searching for jobs and employers.
- Current Imperial students are automatically registered with JobsLive, just use your Imperial username/ password to login.
- If you have recently finished your course, are an Imperial Postdoc or Imperial member of staff, you will need to register to access the system (see below).
- If you are an employer, you will need to register with JobsLive in order to advertise opportunities.
- Please note, new students commencing studies with us in autumn 2017 will not be able to register, or access, JobsLive until the first day of term. Once you have enrolled, you will then be able to set up your profile and select what notifications you want to receive.
Setting up your account
- Set your profile settings to receive daily/weekly email alerts about job vacancies and events according to what types of work you are interested in
- You cannot access the system until you have set your email preferences in your profile settings
- We strongly recommend that you register for the Careers Service weekly newletter (sent every Friday, term-time)
- Disabled students can register for the 'OIpportunity Update' - a digest of related news and events sent out as we receive them
- Registering with Target Jobs is not mandatory and you can de-select this option by unchecking the relevant box in JobsLive
Search for employers and jobs
- Search for job vacancies by industry sector, location, job role and more
- Browse the online employer directory (currently with over 8500 registered employers)
- Save searches for jobs and set up notifications for when similar jobs are received
- Note that only roles that meet National Minimum Wage legislation are advertised by the Careers Service
Book careers events and appointments
- View all Careers Service events/appointments and book for them online
- Receive email confirmations and reminders for all booked events/appointments
- Set reminders for events that you are interested in
- Book daily Career or Internship Consultations from 07:00 on the day you wish to see someone - please note that all appointments are only bookable on the day
- Consultations are available Mon - Fri, 10:00 - 17:15
- Longer Careers Consultations (40 minutes) are availabel on a referal basis
Visiting or exchange students
- You have the same benefits under JobsLive as 'Current Students'
- Login under the 'Imperial Alumni' heading
- Under 'Degree graduated with' - select 'Imperial College UROP overseas visiting student'
Register as an Imperial graduate
- Follow the JobsLive link and select 'Staff/Alumni & Registration', (then select 'Register') Input your details on the registration page. You will then receive an email to authenticate and then you will be sent login details via email.
- Please note that registration for JobLive for alumni is for one year initially, after which time you will be prompted for re-registration
Register as Imperial College staff
- Your Imperial login will not work with JobsLive. Please login to JobsLive and select 'Imperial Staff/Alumni Login & Registration' (and then 'Register'). Input your details on the registration page. You will then receive a JobsLive password via email.
- Under 'Degree graduated with' select 'Imperial College Staff' or 'Imperial College Staff (Contract Research)'.
- Please note that in most cases, jobs vacancies, events and appointments advertised by the Careers Service are intended for current Imperial students and recent Imperial alumni. Imperial College staff are able to register with JobsLive but may be restricted from attending events and appointments. Please contact us for further information.
Opportunity types explained
|Ask an Alumnus contact||Used when searching for registered alumni as part of the 'Ask an Alumnus' scheme.|
|Graduate position||Any graduate scheme or graduate job (fixed term or permanent contract).|
|Graduate internship|| Any internship aimed at graduates not returning to study. May have the potential to become a permanent role. Usually 3 - 6 months in duration.
|Undergraduate internship||Any internship aimed at students returning to study in next academic year. Usually summer internships 8 - 12 weeks in duration.|
|Insights scheme||Any work shadowing or short introductions to an organisation / sector. Usually aimed at earlier year groups.|
|Placement (4 - 12 months)||Any industry placement, usually forming part of a degree course, with a duration of 4 - 12 months. Mostly undergraduate but can be a graduate level.|
|Voluntary work||Any full or part-time voluntary roles with charities or organisations exempt from National Minimum Wage legislation.|
|Part-time / seasonal work|| Any casual or ad-hoc paid work or projects.
|Studentships, scholarships & awards|| Any grants or funding for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.