JobsLive is the Careers Service's online system for booking events and appointments, searching for jobs and employers.
- Current Imperial students are automatically registered with JobsLive, just use your Imperial username/ password to login
- If you have recently finished your course, are an Imperial Postdoc or Imperial member of staff, you will need to register to access the system (see below)
- If you are an employer, you will need to register with JobsLive in order to advertise opportunities
- To ensure fair access to our appointments you may only book one appointment per day and we limit you to three appointments of each type per academic term.
Imperial College Conference policy, please note:
The events that the Careers Service provides are considered to form part of a professional and learning environment, and therefore should offer the same protections, opportunities and welcome to all participants. With this in mind, we adhere to the Imperial College Conference policy - which sets out a code of conduct, and considerations of equality, diversity and inclusion for those planning and participating in events.
Setting up your account
- Set your profile settings to receive daily/weekly email alerts about job vacancies and events according to what types of work you are interested in
- You cannot access the system until you have set your email preferences in your profile settings
- We strongly recommend that you register for the Careers Service weekly newsletter (sent every Thursday, term-time)
- Students with disabilities can register for the 'Opportunity Update' - a digest of related news and events sent out as we receive them
- Registering with Target Jobs is not mandatory and you can de-select this option by unchecking the relevant box in JobsLive
Search for employers and jobs
- Search for job vacancies by industry sector, location, job role and more
- Browse the online employer directory (currently with over 5500 registered employers)
- Save searches for jobs and set up notifications for when similar jobs are received
- Note that only roles that meet National Minimum Wage legislation are advertised by the Careers Service
Book careers events and appointments
- View all Careers Service events/appointments and manage your online bookings
- Receive email confirmations and reminders for all booked events/appointments
- Set reminders for events that you are interested in
- Book one of our many one-to-one appointments
Visiting or exchange students
- You have the same benefits under JobsLive as 'Current Students'
- Login under the 'Imperial Alumni' heading
- Under 'Degree graduated with' - select 'Imperial College UROP overseas visiting student'
Register as an Imperial graduate
- Follow the JobsLive link and select 'Staff/Alumni & Registration', (then select 'Register') Input your details on the registration page. You will then receive an email to authenticate and then you will be sent login details via email.
- Please note that registration for JobsLive for alumni is for one year initially, after which time you will be prompted for re-registration
Privacy and data notice
Imperial Careers Service staff will have lawful basis to access information on relevant data subjects (including, but not limited to students, recent graduates, employers, third-party suppliers, staff and other clients) on the basis of public task outlined in General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"), Article 6(1)(e).
This data is submitted to Imperial College London (as the data controller) as part of the enrolment process or when registering for an account on Imperial Careers Service's JobsLive. For full details please see:
- Imperial College and Data Protection
- Employer Terms & Conditions
Data will be stored securely on your JobsLive user profile, which is provided by Group GTI (as the data processor).
- You can view the data held by Imperial College London Careers Service at any time by logging into your account and selecting 'my profile' from the menu.
- To view full data held by Imperial College London Careers Service you will need to email email@example.com for a request for personal information.
Register as Imperial College staff
- Your Imperial login will not work with JobsLive. Please login to JobsLive and select 'Imperial Staff/Alumni Login & Registration' (and then 'Register'). Input your details on the registration page. You will then receive a JobsLive password via email.
- Under 'Degree graduated with' select 'Imperial College Staff' or 'Imperial College Staff (Contract Research)'.
- Please note that in most cases, jobs vacancies, events and appointments advertised by the Careers Service are intended for current Imperial students and recent Imperial alumni. Imperial College staff are able to register with JobsLive but may be restricted from attending events and appointments. Please contact us for further information.
Opportunity types explained
|Graduate position (up to 3 years after graduating)||Any graduate scheme or graduate job (fixed term or permanent contract).|
|Graduate position (3 years+ after graduating)||Any graduate scheme or graduate job (fixed term or permanent contract), suitable for those that have graduated 3 years+.|
|Student internship (less than 4 months)||Any internship aimed at students returning to study in next academic year. Usually summer internships 8 - 12 weeks in duration.|
|Insights scheme||Any work shadowing or short introductions to an organisation / sector. Usually aimed at earlier year groups.|
|Placement (4 - 12 months)||Any industry placement, usually forming part of a degree course, with a duration of 4 - 12 months. Mostly undergraduate but can be at graduate level.|
|Voluntary work||Any full or part-time voluntary roles with charities or organisations exempt from National Minimum Wage legislation.|
|Part-time / seasonal work|| Any casual or ad-hoc paid work or projects.
|Studentships, scholarships & awards|| Any grants or funding for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.