Global health and international research play an important role at Imperial College, and we wish to enhance its value for children by creating a hub for international Child Health.
The CICH seeks to facilitate the interactions of research groups, already active in international child health across-faculties.
We will host multi-disciplinary global health research directed at the health and well-being of children worldwide, and we will provide a forum of resources and connections for clinician-scientists and allied professionals under the umbrella of the wider global health activities at Imperial College.
Our immediate aims
- To join up existing international child health research activities within the College
- To maximise the visibility and impact of the excellent international child health work within Imperial College and beyond at national and international level
- To host and mentor paediatric research clinicians, paediatric academics and allied health professionals who are developing a career in international child health within Imperial and at partner organisations associated with the CICH
- To develop additional, excellent multi-disciplinary research in international child health at Imperial, which could include all aspects of discovery and delivery science applicable to global child health, including policy, impact and social sciences.
- To develop educational resources and possibly courses in International Child Health
World literacy day 8 September 2016
Today on "World Literacy Day", we spread the word "Education for all". Read more