Subscribe to our Mailing List
Christianity has a long and rich history of meditation and contemplative prayer. These ancient Christian traditions have their roots in the monasteries of the desert hermits of the second century. Jesus himself often prayed in times of stillness and solitude. Many of these long established practices are now shared by Christians from Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox Churches. We offer a range of meditations practices including:
- silence and stillness
- slow reading of scripture (Lectio Divina)
- using imagination to encounter scripture (Ignatian Contemplation)
- meditation review of the day or a project
- Centering prayer
- using experience and emotions in prayer
- discernment when making changes in life
These practices also have many resonances with the contemporary practice of Mindfulness meditation.
Sessions run on Mondays 13:05-13:35 in term time at the Chaplaincy Multi-Faith Centre, 10 Prince's Gardens London SW7 1NA. You can subscribe or contact at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.