Winning images from the previous competition
We’re inviting photography enthusiasts of all calibres to submit their best images for our Departmental Image Competition. You’ll be in with a chance of winning a cash prize, as well as having your image displayed across the Department and its various social media channels.
Images can be submitted into one of three categories:
- Science - related to research, Chemical Engineering, or science in general
- Blue - feel free to be creative with this category, as long as you can justify how your image fits into this category.
- Special category: Staff - this is open to all staff in the department, but please note there will be no cash prize for this category.
First prize: £150, picture displayed in the Department and a winner’s certificate.
Runner-up prizes: £50, picture displayed in the Department and a highly-commended certificate.
A few ground rules to note before submitting your entries:
- By sending us your images, this implies that you agree to release the images under a creative commons license, to allow file sharing with proper attribution. Please let us know if you do not agree to this.
- Images should be high-resolution – please get in touch if you need to check the minimum resolution for your dimensions.
- You are limited to one entry (i.e. image) per category. Please ensure entries are labelled with your surname and the category for which you are submitting it.
- There will be 1 x postgraduate and 1 x undergraduate winner and runner-up per category.
- Competition closes 1 March 2019, 23.59 GMT.
Please submit your entries online using this form before the deadline, which is 23.59 on 1 March 2019.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the Sara West, Communications Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.