The Chemistry Department has a Postdoc Development Team which co-ordinates postdoc development and activity within the Department. The current team is:
The Department also has an Academic Postdoc Champion currently Dr Tricia Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org.
All postdocs in the Department have a Personal Review and Development Plan meeting with their Academic Supervisors on a yearly basis and should complete the appropriate PRDP form in advance of their meeting.
Postdoc Training Suite
The Postdoc Development Team recommend the courses detailed below as a suitable training suite for all postdocs in the Department to undertake. Details of all these courses and more can be found on the Postdoc Development Centre website.
- Launching your career: Residential course for new postdocs
- Building on the past 4 years - What next? Residential course for experienced postdocs
- A creativity toolkit for early career researchers working at the multi-disciplinary interface (run by the Department of Chemistry)
- Time management and personal organisation for postdocs
- Stand and deliver: Giving better presentations for conferences
- Presenting research effectively
- Writing up your research for publication
- How to peer review research papers
- Planning your career - What Next?
- Effective networking and personal impact
- Preparing successful research funding applications
Information on Fellowships can be found on the Department's Fellowship webpage