The Department's research activities are organised into six interdisciplinary Research Themes: Advanced Catalysis and Synthesis; Chemical Biology and Healthcare; Environmental and Green Chemistry; Energy; Materials and Molecular Design & Imaging, Sensing and Analytical Chemistry.
Learn more about an MRes student's life from the Department of Chemistry
The MRes courses available in the department are listed below. More information about each course and applying can be found through each link.
- MRes in Advanced Molecular Synthesis
- MRes in Bioimaging Sciences
- MRes in Plant Chemical Biology
- MRes in Chemical Biology & Bio-Entrpreneurship and PhD
- MRes in Chemical Biology & Bio-Entrpreneurship and (one-year standalone course)
- MRes in Catalysis: Chemistry & Engineering
- MRes in Drug Discovery and Development: Multidisciplinary Science for Next Generation Therapeutics
- MRes in Green Chemistry: Energy and the Environment
- MRes in Nanomaterials
The MRes courses listed below are associated with the department.
- MRes in Plastic Electronics and PhD
- Theory and Simulation of Materials CDT
- MRes in Molecular Science and Engineering
|Dr. James Wilton-Ely||Dr. Mike Ray|
|MRes Director of Studies||Research Student Manager||MRes Programme Coordinator|
Apply and Studentships