- A.V. Olympios, J.D. McTigue, P. Farres-Antunez, A. Tafone, A. Romagnoli, Y. Li, Y. Ding, W.D. Steinmann, L. Wang, H. Chen,. Progress and prospects of thermo-mechanical energy storage—a critical review. Progress in Energy 3 (2021) 022001. doi.org/10.1088/2516-1083/abdbba
- G. Huang , K. Wang, C.N. Markides. Efficiency limits of concentrating spectral-splitting hybrid photovoltaic-thermal (PV-T) solar collectors and systems Light: Science & Applications 10 (2021) 28 doi.org/10.1038/s41377-021-00465-1
- Voulgaropoulos, I. Zadrazil, N. Le Brun, A. Bismarck, C. N. Markides. On the link between experimentally‐measured turbulence quantities and polymer‐induced drag reduction in pipe flows. AIChE Journal. 65 (2019) e16662. doi.org/10.1002/aic.16662
- A. Charogiannis, J. S. An, V. Voulgaropoulos, C. N. Markides, Structured planar laser-induced fluorescence (S-PLIF) for the accurate identification of interfaces in multiphase flows. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 118 (2019) 193-204. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2019.06.002
- A. Charogiannis, F. Denner, B.G.M. van Wachem, S. Kalliadasis, B. Scheid, C.N. Markides, Experimental Investigations of Liquid Falling Films Flowing Under an Inclined Planar Substrate. Physical Review Fluids (PRF), 2018. Selected as an "Editors' Suggestion" paper. doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevFluids.3.114002
- S.F. Wright, I. Zadrazil, C.N. Markides, A Review of Solid–fluid Selection Options for Optical‑based Measurements in Single‑phase Liquid, Two‑phase Liquid–liquid and Multiphase Solid–liquid Flows. Experiments in Fluids, 2017, 58:108. doi.org/10.1007/s00348-017-2386-y
- A. Ramos, M. A. Chatzopoulou, I. Guarracino, J. Freeman, C. N. Markides, Hybrid Photovoltaic-thermal Solar Systems for Combined Heating, Cooling and Power Provision in the Urban Environment. Energy Conversion and Management 150 (2017) 838-850. doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2017.03.024
- S. Acha, Y. Du, N. Shah, Enhancing Energy Efficiency in Supermarket Refrigeration Systems through a Robust Energy Performance Indicator. International Journal of Refrigeration 64 (2016) 40-50. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2015.12.003
- A.J. White, J.D. McTigue, C.N. Markides, Analysis and Optimisation of Packed-bed Thermal Reservoirs for Electricity Storage Applications. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A: Journal of Power and Energy 230(2016), 739-754. Winner of ‘Donald Julius Groen Prize’ by the IMechE, awarded to the authors of outstanding papers. doi.org/10.1177%2F0957650916668447
- J. Freeman, K. Hellgardt, C.N. Markides, An Assessment of Solar-powered Organic Rankine cycle Systems for Combined Heating and Power in UK Domestic Applications. Applied Energy, 138 (2015) 605-620. Winner of ‘Highly Cited Original Paper’ Award by Applied Energy, at the International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE). doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2014.10.035
- M. Herrando, C.N. Markides, Hybrid PV and Solar-thermal Systems for Domestic Heat and Power Provision in the UK: Techno-economic Considerations. Applied Energy, 161 (2016) 512-532. Winner of ‘Highly Cited Original Paper’ Award by Applied Energy, at the International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE). doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.09.025
- A. Charogiannis, J. S. An, C.N. Markides, A Simultaneous Planar Laser-Induced Fluorescence, Particle Image Velocimetry and Particle Tracking Velocimetry Technique for the Investigation of Thin Liquid-Film Flows. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 68 (2015) 516-536. Most Downloaded Article. doi.org/10.1016/j.expthermflusci.2015.06.008
- R. Mathie, C.N. Markides, A. White, A Framework for the Analysis of Thermal Losses in Reciprocating Compressors and Expanders. Heat Transfer Engineering, 35 (2014) 1435-1449. Outstanding Paper Award & 11th Most Read Article. doi.org/10.1080/01457632.2014.889460
- M. Herrando, C.N. Markides, K. Hellgardt, A UK-Based Assessment of Hybrid PV and Solar-Thermal Systems for Domestic Heating and Power: System Performance. Applied Energy, 122 (2014) 288-309. doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2014.01.061
- I. Zadrazil, O.K. Matar, C.N. Markides, An Experimental Characterization of Downwards Gas-Liquid Annular Flow by Laser-Induced Fluorescence: Flow Regimes and Film Statistics. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 60 (2014) 87-102. Top 25 Hottest Article. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2013.11.008
- R.G. Morgan, C.N. Markides, I. Zadrazil, G.F. Hewitt, Characteristics of Horizontal Liquid–Liquid Flows in a Circular Pipe using Simultaneous High-Speed Laser-Induced Fluorescence and Particle Velocimetry. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 49 (2013) 99-118. Top 25 Hottest Article. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2012.09.004
- Y. Zhao, C.N. Markides, O.K. Matar, G.F. Hewitt, Disturbance Wave Development in Two-Phase Gas-Liquid Upwards Vertical Annular Flow. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 55 (2013) 111-129. Top 25 Hottest Article. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2013.04.001
- V. Voulgaropoulos, G. M. Aguiar , O. K. Matar , M. Bucci, C. N. Markides. Temperature and velocity field measurements of pool boiling using two-colour laser-induced fluorescence, infrared thermometry and particle image velocimetry. 10th International Conference on Multiphase Flow, Rio de Janeiro, 2019.
- T. Hussain, C.N. Markides, R. Balachandran, Flame Dynamics in a Micro-Channeled Combustor. 8th International Conference of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering, Kos, 2015. Selected Paper. Young Scientist Award.
- I. Zadrazil, C.N. Markides, A Mechanism of Polymer Induced Drag Reduction in Turbulent Pipe Flow. 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Orlando, 2014. Outstanding Paper Award.
- R.G. Morgan, R. Ibarra, I. Zadrazil, C.N. Markides, On the Role of Inlet Flow Instabilities on Horizontal Initially Stratified Liquid-Liquid Flow Development. 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Orlando, 2014. Outstanding Paper Award.
- R. Mathie, A. Charogiannis, C.N. Markides, Combined PLIF-IR Thermal Measurements of Wavy Film Flows Undergoing Forced Harmonic Excitation. 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Orlando, 2014. Selected Paper. Outstanding Paper Award.
- R. Mathie, C.N. Markides, A. White, A Framework for the Analysis of Thermal Losses in Reciprocating Compressors and Expanders. 9th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Malta, 2012. Outstanding Paper Award. Selected Paper.