Advice on working with the media
Talking to the media
Imperial encourages academic staff to talk to the media about their area of research expertise and the College’s media officers help to put journalists in touch with Imperial’s experts on a daily basis.
Staff can also sign up to the College's media guide, a resource that specialist, national and international journalists use to find experts to comment on their stories. Please contact us if you would like further information.
Support for media-related issues
Please contact us in the first instance if:
- You are dealing with a crisis, or a potentially sensitive or controversial issue, that might generate media interest. Please be assured that we will respect the confidentiality of any information that you share.
- You are unsure about how to handle any media enquiry.
- A journalist asks you to comment on an issue outside your academic area of expertise, or on a matter of College policy.
- A journalist asks you to comment on issues relating to one of the College’s partner NHS Trusts, including Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
We are happy to advise members of the College community about any other media-related queries, including:
- Organising media training
- Tips on talking to the media
- Handling sections about communications and media work on grant applications
- Telling your stories and engaging with different audiences