Joint Maths and Computing fourth year
- The lists of 3rd year and 4th year Mathematics modules are subject to variation and changes.
- Modules 351J and 451J (External Course) cover options under Horizons and the Business School.
- Please address any queries about options to the JMC Director of Studies or the (Year) Coordinator.
Fourth Year Regulations (MEng)
MEng 4 consists of 7 courses and a compulsory individual project taken in either department.
Maths: At least 2 and at most 5 Mathematics courses are to be chosen from the overall list of courses which are made available. M4 courses that were taken in the third year as M3 equivalent courses cannot be taken in the fourth year.
Computing: At least 2 and at most 5 Computing courses are to be chosen from the overall list of courses which are made available.
From 2012/13, students registered on the MEng Computational statistics stream must take at leasttwo statistics courses as offered by the Maths department (i.e. M4S courses).
From 2012/13, students registered on the MEng Pure Maths and Logic stream must take at least twopure courses as offered by the Maths department (i.e. M4P courses).
Deviations from the streaming regulations may be permitted at the discretion of the Director of Studies, but MEng students who cannot meet these conditions will be moved to the standard MEng degree.
One option may be an external course offered by a department in the Faculty of Engineering or the Humanities Department (if not already taken in MEng 3, only one humanities course to be taken for marks across the course).
|Seven course options (each contributing 10%)||70|
In order to pass Year 4 and qualify for an Honours degree, the candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
- Achieved at least 40% in individual project
- Achieved at least 40% overall for the year